Thursday 4 December 2014

What is the first thing I do in the morning

My mornings are never exactly the same, it's always a gamble when you have young kids. 
On most mornings, I am woken by my alarm on my phone or Bentley crying. If my alarm wakes me I roll over and say a quick prayer with Matthew and kiss him goodbye, terrible breath and all, and let me tell you his breath is pretty terrible, so both of ours together-wow!! I stumble out of our room trying to miss all the super squeaky spots, which I never do because ALL of the floor squeaks!! Then I go pee, get my smelly gym clothes on, brush my teeth & put my hair in a pony tail. I then tip-toe down the stairs and gather my things and head to the gym. 

On mornings that I don't go to the gym, I am either awoken by a hungry Benty bear, that sometimes will go back to bed after a bottle, or Adelade standing in our doorway asking for a cuddle. Or for all honesty....my bladder. 

----the last thing(s) I do at the end of the day is:
Read scriptures. (So lets me honest, I usually sleep during this part, I need to do better, but right now it's usually like pre-sleep time)
Pray with Matthew. I try my best NOT to fall asleep during this part, though I'm not always successful. 
Say warm fuzzies. We tell each other all the nice things that one another has done for us that day. It's nice to finish the day feeling like a rock star. Hah! No but for real, it's something Matthew and I have done since our first year of marriage, it sure beats fighting ;) it has helped us keep the love alive! 

Then it's off to dream land...zzzzzzzzzzz

#lifecapturedproject

http://www.lifecapturedinc.com/blog/write-your-heart-out-2

3 comments:

  1. Umm that is amazing! you read scriptures, pray together and talk about all the wonderful things you like about each other!!?? That is awesome! I need to take a lesson from you! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well Alex I don't always stay awake during this part, but it's such a habit now I have a hard time falling asleep if we don't do these 3 things. Give it a try!

      Delete
  2. Seriously I agree with Alex! You are a rock star for your scripture reading and praying, but I really love the habit you guys have of saying nice things to each other

    ReplyDelete