Saturday 6 December 2014

I Know that My Redeemer Lives

Every time I hear this song my heart is heavy. 

17...almost 18 years ago my mother passed away. It happened on a Saturday, the next day we went to church. I remember during sacrament meeting I was in the foyer for some reason while this song played. As I heard it play I felt my mother's presence with me, I felt calm and at peace, even though I had never felt so alone or unsure of the future in my life. I didn't know what life would be like anymore. I felt like I was watching my life happen and wanted to press rewind. Somehow during all of these feelings and emotions this song made time stand still and I knew that each time I would hear this song it would be another way to remember my mom, and that she was still a part of my life even though she's wasn't physically with me anymore. 

I Know that My Redeemer Lives is one of my most cherished hymns, sometimes it makes me cry to hear it (sometimes it doesn't) and other times I feel very happy. Happy to know that I will see my mother again. But every single time I hear this song I remember my mom; I remember her smile, her soft voice, the wrinkles around eyes when she smiled, I remember her rough hands that would hold me close and tell me everything would be okay. I remember how much she loved me and still does. 


This post was inspired by #lifecapturedproject 
http://www.lifecapturedinc.com/blog/write-your-heart-out-2

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Ang. I didn't know your Mom, but every time you talk or write about her, I get the feeling that she was a very special woman loved by many. And that is one of my favourite hymns, so reverent, peaceful and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Angela! This post made me cry! It's so beautiful. What a blessing it was for you to have such a special, loving mother and even more of a blessing to know that you will see her again!

    ReplyDelete