Wednesday 10 December 2014

The last time I cried...

....it was happened last Saturday.

I was attempting to nap with Adelade (bad choice), because I had a bad chest cold that was really kicking my trash. I really REALLY wanted to nap. Even Adelade was sick, so I thought it would be easy pesy!!

Matthew was on the computer downstairs and Bentley was sleeping in his crib in the next room.

Adelade was determined to share a pillow with me (it was cute for 5 minutes)
I felt so sick, I had been "on" all day ---So I was highly irritable, my patience was very thin.

My bed was so comfortable and Adelade would not STOP moving. She was laying beside me pretending to talk on her "cell phone"(one of Matthew's bookmarks). It was kinda funny and cute, but not enough to trump a desperate need for a nap. All the while her pointy knee caps were jabbing me in the back, seriously so pointy!

Finally after an hour, I kicked her OUT. not literally I just told her to go in the play pen. I thought I was home free to dreamland. (yah right) 
She still wouldn't stop moving, and I could NOT sleep. I was so frustrated and tired and frustrated. I huffed myself out of bed and stormed downstairs and dropped onto (our amazing) couch and burst into tears!! It was kind of pathetic, but when I am sick I am highly sensitive and emotional. 

Thank goodness my Husband loves me and didn't ask any questions he just tucked me in under 4 blankets as my fever set in and I was off to dreamland before my tears dried up.


2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet ending to a frustrating situation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAH oh I'm so sorry to laugh but the pointy knees comment had me laughing so hard! Man, kids are all the same! Why do they never stop moving???! I am so sorry that you've been sick! I would have cried long before you in that situation

    ReplyDelete