Monday 15 December 2014

Saturday mornings!

I wish I could say Saturday mornings are filled with pancakes and adventures, but I can't. 

Saturday mornings used to consist of me waking up before everyone else and going for a long run. This kind of impeded any family weekend traditions. For the last 12 weeks I haven't run, so no long runs on Saturdays. Lately I've been hitting the gym around 8, then coming home to the kids watching cartoons and then depending on how we are feeling, which is usually cranky...hah! Well usually one very small cute person with big blue eyes and crazy curly hair (Benty boo!) is cranky so he naps while I get ready and then sometimes we go out, and sometimes we don't. Sometimes I get overwhelmed by all the "things" I didn't do all week--laundry, cleaning, dishes, organizing, so it kind of puts a damper on the day when I go all "momfreak". 

When Matthew and I first got married we talked about how much we hated HATED doing chores on Saturday mornings. We had big plans of doing chores during the week, thus leaving Saturday's for fun!! Well let me tell you how great that worked out, or didn't. We have a really messy house and our chores definitely don't get done during the week. So this leaves me with the question, maybe Saturday morning chores are where it's at? Who knows?! 

I used to feel bad about how our Saturday's weren't filled with exciting adventures and weekend getaways, but now I'm realizing that simpleness is more my thing. I used to get overwhelmed by planning trips, having enough food, clothes-- etc. etc. but now sometimes all we have to do is leave the house. Seriously sometimes we do just that, we get in the car--crankiness and all and then decide on where to go. If we don't have something we need, we buy it, or go back home. Less stress, more fun. I'm working at it! 


1 comment:

  1. Saturday morning chores make Joe SO angry haha, but they still happen because a messy house on Sunday is the worst!! But your Saturdays sound lovely!

    ReplyDelete