Wednesday 21 August 2013

Staycation!


This is an old post from July 2013, the summer before I had Bentley. I never quite finished it but I needed to publish it :) 

We were supposed to go to Regina the last week of July, but it turned out we stayed home instead. I was bummed about not going out of town, but our "staycation" turned out to be pretty great! It was lovely having Matthew home, and being able to spend time the 3 of us.

Monday
 
Basically we just chilled out at home and got into the groove of having Matthew at home. We didn't do a whole lot.   We did go to the mall that evening and I got a new cell phone-though I already wrote about that!-haha!). Nothing super exciting, but still nice to do something as a family. It is funny how going to the mall with Matthew and Adelade is something I like doing, we don't actually do anything at the mall except walk around and look at things. I suppose it is a change of scenery and makes me not feel so cooped up at home. That night I even came home and made a meal schedule for the week and grocery list. WHAT!?!?! ---

Tuesday

On Tuesday Matthew went Canoeing with his Dad. His parents just moved back from Australia on July 27th, they had been living there for over 3 years. Anyway, so they say they had a great time. I got the pleasure of going grocery shopping while they went canoeing--fun fun! Though I was pretty pumped as I had a list and everything! ha! 
I also did some baking...I baked 2 Strawberry Banana Breads, Zucchini Muffiwhich is  That night Matthew's parents came over for dinner, well they actually brought dinner over. They brought over our FAVORITE chinese food EVER!!!! KAM HAN-the one in Inglewood. Oh my goodness, it is so tasty! I might start drooling right here and now. Matthew has been going there for a long time, but we actually went there on our first date, so it also has sentimental value to it. Insert -AWEEE!-
Wednesday

On Wednesday we took Adelade to Heritage Park. It was such a HOT day out. I believe I sweat more that day than I have in a week combined. Gross...I know! I forgot how much walking is involved in visiting Heritage Park. Adelade LOVED the boat swings. Basically it is a small little boat that you push like a swing. I think she could have stayed in it all day. But I was determined to get our admissions worth, which is pretty pricey might I add. Definitely worth a seasons pass if you want to go more than once. Nana and Grandad (Matthew's Mom and Dad) also joined us, they treated us to some tasty ice cream. Yah, I had ice cream for lunch-sue me! We took a train ride, which Adelade loved and so did I. Though I loved it because all it required was sitting! HAH! We went a looked at some animals and Adelade got to pet a horse and a donkey. Adelade had had a bad nights sleep the night before and part way through our time a Heritage park I realized she was coming down with a cold. Poor girl. She was such a trooper though. We came home and and pretty much vegged out on the couch...I was pooped from the heat. 

Thursday
Thursday was a super fun day!Matthew and I went on an ALL-DAY-date! 
1. First we went to Clayground and finished painted ceramic plates we started last June. They were for our anniversary-last year.
2. Then we drove up to CrossIron Mills to watch Despicable Me 2. Such a great movie!! 
3.
: Day date
Friday: Okotoks/Park/Diaper Bag/One pan pasta dish
Saturday: Biking/Weiner Roast/Ring around the rosey with Nana/Walk around Elliston Park/No Color Me Rad
Sunday: Church/Walk to and from Sandy beach/Dinner at the in-laws

No comments:

Post a Comment